Saturday, November 8, 2014

November 8, 2014

So my kind friend Lybbe mentioned me in her blog post today. It seems my attempt to kick start my own good habits has motivated her to do the same. And that, my friends, is why I blog.

What sometimes seems, at the moment, to be boring and inane drivel about your goals and achievements might be just what someone else out there needed to read in order to motivate them to get their ducks back into a relatively straight row.

And even better, after my Failure-Friday (meaning I didn't work out AND I ate crap yesterday), Lybbe's kind words helped me to stay on track.

Thank you Lybbe. Please check out her blog and give her some encouragement at Twenty Counting Down.

I had considered going to the gym today, but Erik leaves for Costa Rica tomorrow (lucky bugger), so we decided to head up to Crawford for one last hike on the trails before he goes.  It was overcast and threatening rain but not cold (about 10C).  Most of the leaves have dropped but it still feels great to be out in the forest.

Tomorrow I hope to go for another run/walk if my back will allow it. If not, I'll go after school on Monday.

After an unseasonably warm fall (I believe I heard it was the warmest October on record?), the weather is about to turn.  Tomorrow will be rainy and then a cold front will come in on Monday and we will be SUB-ZERO highs all week and lows down to -10C.  WTF? Not sure I'm ready for that!  I suspect my lettuce will not survive. Ah well, it was nice while it lasted....



No comments: