Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cravings

I had a healthy smoothie for breakfast, tuna and veggies for lunch, rye crackers with almond butter for afternoon snack, and a healthy dinner.

Now I want something SWEET!!

So I might have a small piece of dark chocolate.

And it will taste great and I'll make it last.

And 15 minutes later, I will STILL crave something sweet.

So I might crunch on some carrots.

And then I'll have a few raisins or nuts.

And I'll STILL be craving something sweet.

Meanwhile, over the period of a couple hours, I will have chewed up an extra 300 calories of miscellaneous snacks.

And it's always those last 300 cals, that push me over my limit.

So today, I cut out the butter, like I said I would yesterday, and now it looks like I have some 'space' for my evening cravings.

Maybe some nuts and dried fruit, with a little piece of dark chocolate.

I'm also going to make myself a cup of decaf tea with 1 tsp sugar.  Something warm and sweet will help.

This to shall pass.... right?

PS I rode the trainer for 45 min tonight.  Tomorrow I run. :)

2 comments:

Lora Abernathy said...

Sounds like my way of thinking every day.

Glenn Jones said...

And when you figure out how to satisfy that craving, please let me know. A lot people eat because they run. I run because I eat.