Sunday, December 18, 2011

Running, a fever

Well, that flu bug really kicked my ass.  I was down for the count with fever, congestion, headache, body aches, cough, and a rash all over my body last weekend.  I stayed home from work on Monday, but reluctantly went back to work on Tuesday once my fever was gone because we had Christmas concert rehearsals and I felt I needed to be there.  I was exhausted all week at work, and went to bed as soon as I got home every night. Somehow I survived the week though and now I'm on a two week break until January 3rd. Yay!

Today, I went out for my first run in 3 weeks and for the most part, I felt ok.  I'm still hacking up a lung and my chest felt kind of tight when I was running so I took it easy and ran slow.  My calf felt really good for the first 15 minutes, and then it started to tighten up so I ran a little more and then walked the last few minutes home.  I iced the calf and put on my Zensah calf sleeve (I ran in it too). I'm REALLY hoping it's going to be ok as  get back to running and start to build up my miles again in time for marathon training in January. (Crossing everything.)

Tomorrow I plan to go to the gym - I have about half my normal energy but I figure I can do an hour at the gym if I don't push too hard.  We'll see.

PS On a brighter note - I lost 3 lbs while I was sick - hardly ate anything at all.  Hoping I can keep it off during the Christmas break. Hmmm....

1 comment:

Ransick said...

Glad you are on the mend, just in time for Christmas break!