Thursday, January 28, 2010

January 28, 2010

I woke up around 1am last night and knew I wasn't going to fall back to sleep right away so I got up and took half an ativan for a change. Within 20 minutes I was out like a light and didn't wake up again until about 5am, then only for a few minutes.

The result was I felt great all day - lots of energy, motivated etc. I was DYING to go for a run and seriously considered it off and on all day. The original plan had been to change into run clothes, drop son off at guitar lesson and run for 30 minutes in the park by the music store. My shins weren't hurting when I walked but I can feel them lumps when I press on them and they hurt if I massage the knots.

Anyway, I talked to Jeff Kline last night and he really believes that a lay off of 1-2 weeks is in order with bike and swim to maintain fitness. He recommended pool jogging and said the elliptical would probably be ok too since I have no knee issues.

So, with a heavy heart, I will not run for at least one week and see what happens. I will stretch, massage, work those knots out, ice, do physio stuff. And keep fit in other ways.

Contemplating getting some coaching to get my running up to speed before June. There are many pros and cons. I like the push to get training done but I also enjoy flexibility in my schedule. I think I do well with my bike/swim training but I could definitely use some help with my running. I just don't know....


Anyway, today I rode the trainer for 45 minutes in zone 2. Also did my PT stretches and strength, and some yoga.


This is a test for my Joe's Goals link.

Kelownagurl's Personal Score Badge

No comments: