Saturday, December 26, 2009

December 26, 2009

Ho, ho, ho!!!

Wow, what a great Christmas! Had some good visiting time with family, ate a lot (too much) good food, drank wine, stayed up too late, even snuck in a run today. And I got some wonderful triathlon related gifts too!

First of all, my mom got me a SwiMP3. You can check it out here. It was a tossup for awhile between this player and the Nu Dolphin MP3 player and overall the SwiMP3 had better reviews online, as well as from people I talked to. Most seemed to prefer it because you didn't need to have ear buds. I have a few songs loaded on it now and I'm looking forward to trying it out some time soon. PS I bought it online here at TriNowFitness, because they shipped to Canada.


Second of all, as you know from my last post, my Garmin Edge 305 died on December 23rd. After three seasons, over 453 activities, 471:58:06 hours, 8,525.91 km of biking and running, it finally gave up the ghost. I can't really calculate the exact data but that's what I have uploaded into Garmin Connect between May 6, 2007 and December 23, 2009. I think my Garmin has done well over all.

At any rate, the same day my Garmin died, Erik had gone Christmas shopping about got me a new Garmin 310xt. Little did he know how much I was going to be needing it later. In fact, when it died that afternoon and I was heading out for my run, he was tempted to give it to me early. I'm glad he didn't because I was so surprised to open the package on Christmas morning!

It is so much nicer than my (once) beloved Garmin 305, I can hardly believe it! The thing I notice the most so far, is the much clearer display and its ability to upload wirelessly to my computer.

I think the hardest thing will be to get used to wearing it on my wrist. I am not used to wearing anything and I find even a regular watch a little annoying, but I really wanted a 310xt over the 405 because of the longer battery life, and the triathlon focus.

I would go on and on about it, but instead, I'll give you a link that Stuart from the Quadrathon Podcast sent me which is probably the most in depth review I've ever seen. Check it out here!

I went for a run today, although I have a cold and wasn't feeling up to it. It was about -5C and I didn't run fast. Did 5km in 38:22. Almost exactly the same run as I did on the 23rd. I am finding my shins are still hurting during and after my run again. Crapola, that better go away and fast.

I'm not doing as well on my abs workouts as I would like. So far, I've only half-heartedly fit in twice a week rather than 3 times a week. Hope I can get more motivated in January....

Other than than, hope everyone is having a nice post-Christmas holiday. I am so full, all the time. I will definitely have to drop a few lbs after January 4th....

3 comments:

skierz said...

WOW! Tri santa was looking out for you! Merry Christmas!

Mike Russell said...

You are going to love the Garmin. I have a 305 and plan on upgrading as soon as mine gives up the ghost too. How much longer does the battery go?

Kelownagurl said...

Not sure but I heard/read that it can last up to 20 hours I think. (?!)