Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December 1, 2009

OK, I loosely threw a few goals out there. Sounds like there are others who need some prodding as well. How about we encourage one another along then? Post your goals and periodic updates as to what you do to meet your goals in a comment here and we can shame each other into getting it done. :)

Today on the BC forum of Beginner Triathlete, I joined an abs workout challenge. I agreed to do abs work 15-20 minutes, 3 times a week for the month of December. I'm going to do that on non running days I think and fit it into my yoga workout. Anyone else want to get in on that?

SO where am I at right now?

Today I ran 5k right after work. I took my gear to school so I could change and run right after work. By the time I was dressed and at the trail head (1 km from school), it was already 3:15 and the sun was going behind the hill. It was hovering around zero celcius (32F) at my house, but the trail is in a narrow valley a little higher up and it felt much colder. The ground was frozen and covered with frost. I wore tights, a long sleeved tech shirt, bike jersey, and my wind breaker. It was enough to keep me warm but my hands were really cold for the first 2km in my light gloves. Next time, I'll wear my fleece gloves.

I did a walk/run warmup for 1o minutes, then did 4 min forefoot and 1 min walk for the rest. My leg are always a big tired after work so it's never comfortable time to run but overall I felt ok. I couldn't stretch or ice right after because I had to go pick up Erik from school. 40 minutes total run. Didn't try for any speed at all.

Downside of running right after work is that I had to go back to school around 7:30pm for an hour to get my work done. Too bad teachers don't really get off at 3pm every day....

A cold front has arrived and right now at 10:30 pm, it's already -7C (19F) and the predicted high on Thursday, is the same. I will try to run right after school if I can, but I'll more likely have to wait until I get home and run in the neighbourhood after dark.

As for the rest of my 'goals'?

Well I went to bed at 10 last night, right now it's 10:30 so I blew that for today. I think I can remember to take my supplements.

And I'll try to do some yoga before I hit the sack tonight.

Tomorrow - abs work. w00t.

2 comments:

skierz said...

hi kelownagurl! I am in, do you have the link to the challenge or should I post my own poison? i think the strategy of pushing each other along will be great! today was 2750 swim and tomorrow is run(if not pouring rain and yoga) hope you got a good workout in with decent weather! cheers

Sara Cox Landolt said...

Great idea on the abs work! I put up post-its that help me remember all the little things! I've got a ton of progress to make on core. Off to a stronger 2010! :-)