Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Late October

I know, not much of a title, but I don't have a whole heckuva lot to say. My training has been sadly lacking due to fatigue and overwork, and I've been struggling to get out running even twice a week.

I have not been able to keep up my end of the bargain in my October Challenge to do a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio per day, but I have tried hard to at least do my stretching and calf/shin strengthening on the days that I don't run. I'm planning to continue with this more reasonable goal for the month of November, which is quickly approaching.

On a brighter note, I've had several great runs, two good ones in a row in fact, and I am seeing some serious improvement in that area. I went for physio once a week during the month and I think that has helped, in addition to 10-15 minutes of stretching twice a day. I suspect that having 2-3 days off between runs is also beneficial. ;) Who knows, maybe I should start following Erik's method and only run once a week. LOL...

So here's what I have accomplished in the past two weeks.

Oct. 11 - 11km hilly bike ride just before dark. 30 min.

Oct. 12 - weights - 30 min

Oct. 13 - 3 km run

Oct. 14-16 - Meetings, stayed home sick from work 1 day, did stretching, theraband.

Oct. 17 - 40 min trainer ride, 18km

Oct. 18 - 6 km run 1/2 km walk WU and CD

Oct. 19-21 - overworked, fighting bug, fatigue, parent-teacher interviews till late, stretching, theraband.

Oct. 22 - 5.75 km run, 300m walk WU and CD

Oct. 23/24 - Felt crappy yet again, stretching, theraband.

Oct. 25 - 8 km trail run, 1.3km walk WU and CD

Oct. 26 - Oct. 28 - Still struggling to get through the day.

I am now up to 3 min heel strike and 1 1/2-2 min forefoot now, but I should have run yesterday or today and I have not. Maybe tomorrow, we shall see, but I suspect I'll be up with my son in the middle of the night again. If his fever spikes, he has nightmares so I have to get up and stay up until he falls sleep again.

So - I'll keep you posted.

No worries, there are always blips on the screen. I'm just happy it's the off season and I can afford to miss training days right now. I'll get back to the normal (??) KG soon enough. :)

No comments: