Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Good week so far

I have a whole lot more energy this week AND I had a good run on Tuesday - yay!

Tuesday - 5.2 run in 40 min. Did a solid 5 minute walking warm up, followed by another 5-10 min of walk/run intervals. Then I ran for 20-25 mins with several 1 min walk breaks and a 5min walk cooldown.

I stretched as soon as I got back to school, and then iced my shins although they felt ok. Later that night, I did more stretching and Yoga for Runners. Also did 5X10 pushups, 5X20 crunches, 3X60 plank, and 2X30 side plank. Glad I can hold plank for a full minute now! Finally, I did my side leg lifts to work on the medial glute.

Wednesday - Today I did a full upper body workout using 10 lbs weights and can now do 3 sets of 10 reps. I was reminded by several people that I should be doing higher reps, and less weight so will drop back to 8lbs and up to 15 reps from now on. I also did my toe raise thingies that are supposed to strengthen my shins (dorsiflexion?). I sit on the kitchen table with a 2 lb weight wrapped around my foot and then I lift my toes towards the ceiling 10 times. 3 sets of 10 on each foot. I am going to finish with stretching, rolling my hips and lower legs on the foam roller, and then 25 min of yoga.

Tomorrow, I cautiously run again.

Got my eye surgery date - Thursday, March 12th. Not as soon as I would have liked but not bad. I will miss the last two days of school before spring break and it'll mess up my first weekend somewhat but that's ok I guess.

I think I'm going to cancel my swim pass for the next 6 weeks. I won't be able to able to swim again until April and the new pool opens then (crossing fingers that it's still on schedule!!!!).

I am happy. :)

No comments: