Wednesday, January 7, 2009

January 7th

I guess a blog update is in order. I've had a 'not-bad' week so far.

Monday - sucked as far as eating was concerned. I didn't get organized on Sunday night and then once I starting "eating crap", I didn't stop. I did do a good strength workout Monday night though.

Tuesday - eating was excellent. Healthy breakfast and lunch, not perfect but ok supper (in a rush), NO BEER or SNACKIES at the bar after volleyball that night, and only one small chocolate. Approx 1400-1500 calories. (Here's Tuesday's food and exercise log at Sparkpeople.com where I will be logging my intake for the next few weeks as I get my eatig habits back on track.) I went for a 4.1 km run after work, then played volleyball (not too vigorously :) in the evening.

Wednesday - Another good eating day, so far. I'm starving right now and trying hard not to cave to cravings. Luckily it's 10:30 pm and I need to go to bed. Click here for today's food log. I went to the YMCA and did my first swim in 3 months this afternoon. I was VERY tired all day but made myself go, with a little help from my friends on Twitter. I was amazed that after the first 4 lengths, I felt like I hadn't been away from the pool. I guess it's like riding a bicycle. Yay!


The Kelownagurl Tris Podcast


On the podcasting front - I have been recording bits and pieces all week and will spend some time putting it together this weekend with the hope to post Episode 3 on Sunday afternoon/evening. I continue to waver between confidence and insecurity throughout this whole thing though. Idiot. I hate that aspect of my personality. Ah well, soldier on, and continue to do things that scare the shit out of me... :)

If you've listened to my first two episodes and have any suggestions, questions, ideas for things you'd like to hear, or comments, please email me! I've had a few requests to talk about cycling/bikes for beginner triathletes but I welcome any other ideas.

For now, you can download, and even subscribe to, the Kelownagurl Tris Podcast at http://drop.io/kelownagirl. I hope to get the hosting thing set up this weekend and get linked to itunes ASAP. Thanks for your patience and encouragement!

Big thanks to Dan (@blackfonzie of 4 Feet Running Podcast) and Nigel (@Nigelrunner of Running with the Reaper Podcast) for their wonderful technical support. Also to Rob (@Ultradad of the Ultradad Podcast) for answering my many questions. And a big thank you to Chris Russell (@cyktrussell of the Run Run Live Podcast) for his kind shoutout on Episode 49 of his podcast. You guys are awesome!! I also want to thank the many people who sent me emails, DM's, twitter messages, and comments at drop.io with nice things to say about my first attempts. It made a HUGE difference - thank you!

Update: I also have to add a big hug to the Scarborough Dude who gave me a wonderful plug on his podcast Dicksnjanes this week. Thank you so much, and YES! get on that bike this spring! I will hold you to that! (I love his podcast but if you decide to give it a listen, be forewarned that he uses the F word frequently, LOL... :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I listened to Ep. 2 on Tuesday on my run(for some reason ep.1 didn't transfer to my Sansa Clip so will try again this coming week) and enjoyed it very much. Looking forward to more podcasts!!

Gabrielle