Sunday, January 4, 2009

January 4th

The end of a two week vacation....

I spent a good part of it a school today, getting organized for the week. While I was at school, I recorded an second episode for my podcast and then spent several hours playing around with it in Garageband. I'm still learning the program and I ended up messing up the whole thing so I had to start over after dinner. By the time I was done, I was sick of listening to it and barely had the courage to upload it.

I've been looking into the various options for hosting a podcast, most are reasonably priced or even free. Given my tendency to insecurity, I may go with the free version in case it doesn't work out and nobody ever listens.... :)

All of this will be moving to a permanent home in the next few weeks. I bought an Olympus VN5200PC voice recorder and I'm going to order a Giant Squid lapel mic as soon as I can. I hope to be able to put out a podcast every Sunday night. That'll give me time to record some audio during the week, and edit it on the weekend.

What'll it be about? Me - mostly swim, bike, run, healthy eating - all from from a newbie woman's perspective, but also thrown into the mix - my life - teaching, being a mom and a wife, my dogs, my cat... who knows?

So, here's the link to Kelownagurl Tris Podcast Episode #2. http://drop.io/kelownagirl

Show Notes:

• I review my rough training plan for the next 2-3 months.

• I mention:
http://beginnertriathlete.com
and
http://swimplan.com

• I interview my husband, Erik, about his goals for 2009.

1 comment:

Stuart said...

Can't wait to listen, if Twitter is anything to go by you'll not run out of topics ;-)