Tuesday, December 2, 2008

December 2nd

First off - I haven't done any training yet today. I felt awful this morning, but I went into school for 20 minutes to rehearse with the kids, and then went to the doctor. She thinks it's a virus so I don't have to take antibiotics (yay) but she thinks I should stay off work for the rest of the week so my voice comes back fully. I have to be away tomorrow because I'm getting my stupid braces (known only as SB from now on) and if I had to, I could stay home Thursday, but Friday is craft day and we have our first rehearsal on the stage so I pretty well HAVE to go that day. Hopefully I'll be feeling better.

Anyway, my point is - I can't do my planned run today. It'll just exacerbate my cough and congestion. So I guess it's another yoga day instead. I plan to do a more intense 30 minutes plus workout instead of the regular running one.

To all the Challengers - how did you do today? You can comment here daily, or let us know once a week how things have gone. Just so you know, I tend not to do my daily post until the evening (PST) so you may have to do it a day later if you're in bed before me. It looks like we've got at least 15 people along for the ride this time. That's awesome! I tried to link your blogs if you have them.

**************
Triathlon Training

Well I have only have more month left to keep in generally good fitness and then it'll be time to get back to more organized training. I was looking back at my January training log and I think I am probably in better shape now that I was a year ago. I still have problems with my shins but in general, the things that tired me out a year ago, wouldn't be a problem for me now. I know how to swim now so this year I can work on form and speed, and I think if I can just maintain my cycling fitness, I'll be doing well on that front.

Strength

I had a gym pass last year and I was going 3 times a week. This year, I think I'll just stick with the strength training I'm doing at home. The only thing I'm missing out on is the leg press so I will have to add some squats as well I think. I could also do some leg exercises at the YMCA gym after I swim if I want.

Swimming

Which brings me to swimming. I absolutely must get back to swimming soon, but if not right away, then definitely in January. I hate to admit I have not been swimming since my tri last August so it will take me awhile to get my fitness back. I also need to get some private instruction again to work on my stroke. The new pool doesn't open until March, if it's on time, so I have to drive a half hour to the Y twice a week I guess.

Cycling

I have my trainer set up and I am going to be building my aerobic base in December and January. I will also do spin ups and one-legged drills to smooth out my pedalling.

Running

I am way ahead of where I was this time last year, thankfully, even with my lack of running over the past 2 weeks. Hopefully, I can continue to slowly build up my kms and maybe start to do a little speed work? Maybe?

No comments: