Sunday, November 9, 2008

November 9th

Well I'm 9 for 9 and I think I more than made up for my lackluster workout yesterday.

November to date:

Bike:30m
Run:2h 36m 23s - 20.15 KM
Strength:40m
Aerobics:20m
Walking:20m
Yoga:2h 15m

I woke up without much of a headache this morning and have managed to keep it at bay most of the day by taking ibuprophen and drinking lots of water. By 2pm, my eye was significantly less swollen and feeling much less irritated.

I did the 20 minute Yoga for Running to get warmed up, then I went out for my easy 5k run. Erik decided to run this morning too so we did our warm up together (3 min walking, then alt 1 min walk, 1 min run for 10 minutes). At that point, we separated and I did my run while he continued a walk/run. I decided to do 1 minute of walking every 10 today so that I could perhaps run a little further than 4 km for a change. I ended up with a 6.5 km run in total, which included walking for the last .5 km as a cool down.

Then I came inside and did the Yoga for Running again. I think that's the best way to do it - after my run. I might try riding the trainer for 10 minutes before my run next time and see if I can use that for my warm up. We'll see.

My hips are really tight so I think all this yoga is going to be really good for me. I am hoping to do it every day, regardless of the training I do each day.

After a late lunch, I did Week 1, Day 3 of the pushups challenge. 5 sets of pushups 4. 5. 4. 4. 8 and I did 20 crunches between each set of pushups. It's a great workout! I varied it with regular crunches, twisting crunches, and bicycle crunches.

All told, I did 1:45 of exercise today. Yay me!!

Lucky Erik took off for a bike ride this afternoon. I'm sure I felt up to the workout but I can't see weel enough to ride today. Ah well...

Ortingrunner is still 9 for 9 - way to go Bryan!

Erin337 is also doing well with 9 days of training in a row. You guys rock!

Seriouschick
ran 14.33 miles today! Whoo hoo!

No comments: