Saturday, November 8, 2008

November 8th

Happy birthday to my brother!

I've actually had a pretty crappy day. My eye has been generally aching, light-sensitive, and irritated, and my head has been pounding all day.

I felt ok when I got up so we went out to do some errands but by the time I got home, I was done in. I got back into my jammies and crawled into bed for the rest of the day. (Well, I have been up to my computer on and off all day as most of my Twitter friends will attest to.) Meanwhile Erik has been busy playing with power tools and getting the plate down for the new basement bathroom.

I finished off "She's Come Undone" and was content with the ending. I won't say how it ended in case you are planning to read it, but it was a great read. Now I need a new book.

Anyhoo, late this afternoon I decided to take Angel out for a walk in an attempt to stave off the headache. It was dark so my eyes felt ok and it was nice to get some fresh air but it wasn't 30 minutes and it wasn't very 'vigorous". Honestly, I don't think I'm going to be able to do my 30 today - even yoga is out because of my headache so a 20 minute walk is all I've been able to achieve. I'm 7.5 for 8. I am going give myself permission to bail today.

On the other hand, Ortingrunner is doing great with all his running - well done! He was even here in Kelowna the other day, going for a long walk around the airport.

Lybbe is 8 for 8 - she's lucky to have a gym in my basement but it still takes motivation to use it!

Mary_W_Walters wants to join if we do this again in Dece,ber. I'm thinking 30 minutes a day, 6 days a week in December.

I'm waiting to hear from the other challengers and I will post here as soon as I hear how they are faring.

No comments: