Sunday, November 2, 2008

November 2nd

In honour of National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo), I will try to do a short post every day this month. At the very least, I decided that this might be a good way tolet you know how I'm doing with my 30 minutes of exercise every day.

In addition to 4 loads of laundry, 2 loads of dishes, errands, two trips to school, a lot of school work done at home, and the sale of my recumbent exercise bike, I did manage to fit in 30+ minutes of exercise today.

I subscribed to the Yogamazing Podcast on my son's laptop (hope he doesn't mind), and downloaded a few episodes, one in particular being Episode #144 "Yoga for Runners." With the laptop, I was able to move to a comfortable place and follow along with 'Chaz' for a decent 20 minute workout. I quite liked it and can see myself following through with Yoga on a regular basis. I also downloaded "Yoga for Cyclists", and "Yoga before Bed", as well as a few others. Most are 20-30 minutes long. Namaste.

I also started the 100 Pushups Challenge for the third time, starting easy with level one, 2, 3, 2, 2, 5 with 60 second rest breaks between the mini-sets, and then followed that with 100 crunches in sets of 20. 60 regular, 40 with a twist. I can tell I'm out of shape - I found the pushups hard and used to do 10-15 regular pushups at a time and my abs are already sore from the crunches. But it's all a good kind of sore. :)

So - Day Two - I'm still in the challenge. Yeah baby. Of course, the weekend is the easy part. :)

To help me reach my goal this month, I will drink more water, get more sleep, and take my vitamins. (Do you think if I keep saying it, it'll happen? Yes, it will. :)

I wonder how Runninghoosier and Maddy are doing so far?

3 comments:

Drusy said...

Can I join the 30 min/day challenge too? I'm not really ready to start training for spring race, so a fitness goal would suit me just right! I've missed out on 1st and 2nd, but ran to work today.
Thanks and Regards, Toni

kara said...

A post everyday! Wow.
I love watching chaz yoga moves. But most are to difficult for me. Downward Dog is my fav move so far.
PS.
Will send you a link to my favorite Mile-high veggie pie recipe. When i find it. I hate Mondays! LOL

elementsoferin337 said...

I am in for the 30min/day challenge. I just traded my 'off day' from training for a yoga class.