Thursday, November 27, 2008

November 27th

Weird thing happened last night. I felt great as I finished up with my pushups and weights and then sat down at the computer for a while. Had a bit of a tickle in my throat and started coughing a little. By the time I went to bed a couple hours later, I had almost no voice at all. I was achey and had minor chills.

This morning, I felt ok, but my throat was sore and my voice was very raspy. I was starting to lose it completely be the end of the morning so I went out at noon and got a video to show the kids for the afternoon so I didn't have to talk. Since we had just finished reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, it was perfect timing.

It was a long day because we had a staff meeting after school and then I got a call from the orthodontist to say that if I could come in tonight to get my impressions done, they could put on my braces next Wednesday instead of waiting until January. On one month earlier, means off one month earlier. It'll also mean I won't eat so much crap over the holidays. :)

By the time I got home from work, it was close to six and I felt lousy and tired. I had a sandwich for dinner and knew for sure I wasn't going out for my run, not even a short one. I have chills and aches and pains, my foot still hurts, and it would just be stupid to run today.

Tonight, my throat is sore, and I'm really not feeling very well. After a day of talking, my voice is pretty much non-existent right now and my head hurts.

I think tonight I am going to have to bail on the workout. Four days left. So close, and yet from here, it seems so far. I just don't think I have it in my do 30 mintues of yoga. Unless I don't do any that requires my head to be down.

What to do, what to do? I HATE caving.

I am going to have a bath and who knows, maybe I'll be able to find it in me to do a little after I warm up. Cross your fingers, but if I don't do the workout, I guess it just wasn't meant to be....

Update: Just heading to bed after some neo citron. It's 11:45 and I did not do yoga. I feel depressed - there were only 4 days left in the challenge. :(

No comments: