Saturday, November 15, 2008

November 15th

Well half the month has gone by and I'm happy to say I'm still in the challenge.

Early this evening, I went for a run. I started off trying for 30 minutes, but I was feeling so good, I decided to do the loop twice and run 6km. My garmin wasn't charged so I had to run a route I knew so I could record my mileage. I did a 10 minute warm up (run 1 min , walk 1 min), then ran steady the rest of the way with a one minute walk break every ten minutes. That seemed to do the trick and my shins didn't hurt at all. Hope they still feel good tomorrow.

Not sorry I posted the song. I still think it's hilarious so I'm leaving it there on November 14th. :) If you want a laugh, check it out here.

Congrats to Ortingrunner, Seriouschick, Lybbe, and Drusy for sticking with the challenge! Erin is taking a few days off to recover from a bad cold - she works hard so she deserves a break! I should also mention my buddy Paul from Beginner Triathlete is also involved in the challenge and manages to get most of his workouts done before I even get up!

I am amazed at how this challenge has motivated me. I'd like to thank another Beginner Triathlete friend, Airborne, for starting it up originally. I brought the challenge over to my twitter friends and found even more encouragement. I would say that more often than not, I have felt like bailing, and if it wasn't for the challenge, I would have. I am so happy that a few people have joined me - it really helps to keep me on track!

We all rock!!!

No comments: