Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Stress

Argh, it's the last week or school and I am totally overwhelmed with crap to do. Every night I've been up until midnight working on various projects and I have not been for a run, swim, or bike ride since last Saturday. I came close to heading down for my first OWS this evening but Erik got back too late and I didn't want to go alone. Tomorrow we'll be at the beach all day with our classes but he doesn't want me to be off swimming and leave him alone to supervise 48 kids alone. :) Guess not...

So anyway, I am sitting here now at 9pm, all geared up to go for a run and my STUPID Garmin battery is dead. It's been plugged in for days but I guess it was turned on or something and it didn't charge. At least I hope that's all it is. Trouble is, it happened the last time I used it too. Hope it's not bigger trouble. Anyway, I'll give it a quick 15 minute charge and see if it'll have enough power to do for a short run tonight.

Tomorrow is the last day of school for the kids, tomorrow night is our staff party, and Friday is all day at school without kids. After school Friday, I have to sit at the walkin clinic and hope I can get in for my allergy shot before we leave for Edmonton on Saturday morning. We might take our bikes, but at the very least I'll fit in a run while I'm gone.

Well, back to work...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your Garmin is ok. Next time try not to be a slave to your gadgets. Just go run. :)

Kelownagurl said...

What? Ride or run without my Garmin? Can that even be done??? :D

You wanna know the dumbest thing? By the time I charged it for 15 minutes, and went for my run, it was dark. I turned it on, went running, and when I got home, found out I had turned it off 22metres into the run. Duh. I need a vacation!!!!!!!