Sunday, March 9, 2008

Running out of patience

Well it's Sunday morning and my vision is not any better than it was two days ago. I am disappointed. I know they say that your vision fluctuates a lot in the first few weeks and that it can take 6-8 weeks to get to your true vision, and that your vision in the first week is by no means your final vision, BUT I have a hard time believing that it can get to 20/20 from here. They also told me I should be able to drive by a week and that I'd probably be out by a diopter or two if my vision wasn't perfect after the first surgery. I'm pretty sure it's at least -6 t -8 right now. I used to be able to see only about 2 inches away from my face, now I can see clearly about 2 feet. That's an improvement but I can't work or read or function. I can't go for a run or ride my bike. I can't imagine that I'm not going to need to get glasses when I go for my checkup tomorrow morning. In fact, at this point, I'm wondering if they'll be bad enough that I'll need to get high-density lenses again and that is a whole hassle and expense unto itself. I don't even want to think about that possibility right now.

Anyhow, there won't be any workouts for me today. I've had a headache all morning from eye strain and I don't have the energy to do anything active. If I can, I get some energy, might do some pilates this afternoon.

No comments: