Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Eyes Have It

7 am Wow, there are so many things going through my mind today, I can't concentrate on anything. Today is the big day. I have a massage appt this morning at 9am and then I have to get the rest of my report cards done. I go in for the surgery at 2:30pm. I am feeling so strange about it. I have been wearing high prescription glasses for 40 years. Having really bad eyesight is a big part of who I am. That is going to change forever. I know it's sounds dumb but a part of me wants to capture and remember what it's like to see so poorly. I think I will see if I can take a photo on my computer and blur it until it looks like my current vision, just so I don't forget where I came from. I am crazy. I know. I went swimming with my prescription goggles for the last time yesterday. I put my glasses on my night table before I went to sleep last night for the last time. I put ON my glasses this morning for the last time. I had a semi-blind shower this morning for the last time. It almost makes me weepy. Weirdo....

12:30 pm I had my massage and have been trying to work on my report cards this afternoon. It is so hard to keep my mind on them. Several people have wished me good luck. I spent a few minutes trying to make a digital photo look blurry enough to match my current vision. Yup, it's strange. My stomach is doing flip flops. 2 more hours.....

No comments: