Friday, March 7, 2008

Better Days Ahead?

Can't stay online long but thought I'd give a quick update.

Yesterday was brutal. In fact, it started the night before. Severe eye pain, burning, swelling, general irritation. At bedtime I took an endocet and put in the emergency freezing drops so I could fall asleep. I did manage to whimper myself to sleep and slept well until 4am. Up again with same symptoms. I took some ibuprophen and waited. Nothing. Took another endocet and then eventually the freezing drops again. Eventually zonked me out so could sleep some more. The rest of the was like that. When the endocet wore off around noon, I just rested and suffered thru with ibuprophen because I had an orthoped appt at 3 that I really didn't want to miss. At 2, I got up and had a shower. Then I rested until mom picked me up. The drive was terrible - super sunny, I could barely tolerate it. Keeping my eyes closed made me car sick too. The appt was quick so I'm glad I went because she has hopefully fixed my left orthotic now and I'll be able to run again. /Sigh/ the weather is so beautiful I want to go for a long bike ride and run!!! Saw the street cleaners today /sigh over.../

So I did not go online all day - had zero vision and eyes were way too painful. I did have a lovely dream that I could see perfectly though. How disappointing to wake up and find it wasn't true...

I won't get my report cards handed in today. I've only got maybe 1-2 hours to finish them but it'll have to wait until the weekend. Got the ok for that so will hand them in Monday.

So - yesterday I slept pretty much the whole day. I was never up for more than hour. Last night, I went to bed at 11 and took two ibuprophen, then later two tylenol and 1mg ativan. Didn't want to take the endocet - it wasn't that bad. I slept solidly until 6:30 this morning. Have a pretty bad headache so took more ibuprophen, but but I think the swelling's gone down an bit and I'm feeling a bit better. Still - I am going to put in my drops and go backt o sleep. I had no idea I could sleep for days on end. Weird.

I'm confused about what to do Monday. I feel like it's very unlikely that I'll have 100% vision to go on Monday. It's most likely I'll have to get some temporary glasses before I go back to work. He doesn't want to measure my vision when he takes the contact out on Saturday because it will still be swollen and distorted. He says he can squeeze me in for a vision test on Monday and they can likely make me some glasses tow ear to school Tuesday. I am suspicious of this. I think I'll call the glasses place and confirm that they can make glasses in one day.Can't decide if I should just Monday off now, or wait until I see how my vision is on Sunday and hope for a miracle....

Back to bed now - its 8am and time for my early morning nap...

I have listened t about 2- Fitness Rocks podcasts in the last 2 days though....

Well, I'm not going to fix the typos. Can't see well enough I do that tomorrow.

Oh, and I took another picture yesterday morning, at my worst. Wanna see it? If I feel like it later, I'll post it.

No comments: