Monday, January 7, 2008

Not meant to be.....

I was so stoked about my first lesson today, it's all I could think of all day. I had to go all the way out to the airport to pick up my new computer before my lesson started at 4:15 and the traffic was ugly so by the time I arrived at the pool, I only had a couple minutes to change and shower. There I stood out on the deck with all the little kids and their parents waiting to be called for their lesson. Pretty soon everyone went scampering off with their instructors - everyone that is, but me. I stood there looking lost and forlorn for about 3-4 minutes more, racking my brain to make sure I had the correct date and time, and when I was sure no one was going to show, I went over to ask one of the other instructors if she knew anything about it. Oh are you Barb? Yes. Oh we've been trying to reach you all day.... Turns out they had my XH's cell number as MY work number (no help), and the coach had had a last minute university course change and had to rebook me to 5 pm if that worked for me. Well, 5 pm would work better actually but not today. It was already 4:30, my son was sitting up in the window watching me, and DH was back at work waiting for a ride home. I could not hang around for another half hour and then start my lesson. So, they refunded my money for today's lesson and they will try to set me up a replacement lesson at another time if possible. And I will head back to the pool at 5 pm Wednesday to try again....

No comments: