Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Insert foul language here

I am getting extremely frustrated. My shins/calves hurt while running yesterday. I had bumped it up to 2:00 run and 1:00 walk but I don't know if that was the problem or not because they were getting tender the last couple of runs already. So I packed it in a bit earlier (25 min) and iced them really well which seemed to help. Today they felt pretty good but a bit tender to the touch. I figured they'd be ok by Thursday and I'd cut back a tad if not.

TONIGHT - I played rec volleyball and they started killing me by the 2nd game with all the jumping around I was doing. We were short players so I had to keep playing but once we'd won our 4 games, I sat down and found an ice pack in the staffroom fridge at the school. That did seem to help but I really don't know what to do at this point.

I have followed all the rules: Gradual, very conservative increase, stretching tons, no running two days in a row, wear orthotics. What the heck else am I supposed to do?????

I guess I'll call the PT and the orthoped and maybe go for another massage. Frick, I am sad and disappointed at the same time. I will do whatever anyone says I have to do to make them go away and to be able to run again. :( :( :(

No comments: